Friday, April 5, 2013

Arrival at the Provo MTC



I’m having a great time here! I know it's only been a week but it feels like at least a month. I’m in one of the only districts with more sisters than elders and it is amazing they are way more focused and gospel oriented than the elders and they are a really good influence on us. I’ve been really tired and might have fallen asleep one during personal study and Sister Jones (she's my favorite) gave us all notes with encouragement and praise and she added a scripture to mine. Luke 8:23 "but as they sailed he fell asleep:" she told that it was supposed to be how I just need to ask the Lord for guidance and help, but I thought it was hilarious. Our second night here we were told to visit this potential investigator who was on the campus. He only spoke Portuguese and we had to teach him the first lesson. It might have been a train wreck but as we kept working with him we got better and better until two night ago we didn't have to use notes at all! Then he came into our classroom and told us that he is going to be one of our instructors and that he had served in Fortaleza Brazil where he taught the person he was emulating. Our other instructor is a return missionary from Sao Paulo Brazil and he will only speak to us in Portuguese. He’s very active and helpful and loving and we are learning a lot from him. We are all proficient at bearing testimony and praying in Portuguese by now but I don't want to show off. My roommates are really relaxed and easy to get along with. Espero voces estao felicidades e saudes.
 Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment