Monday, May 20, 2013

Greetings from the Amazon

Greetings from the amazon,
 More of the same this week, there isn't a very regular schedule so it's difficult to keep track of when things happened.

Nonetheless we have been teaching families the restored gospel. Yesterday was very eventful. We arose early and I learned I was to give my testimony in church that morning. That went off without a hitch of course. I tried to tell them all that I cared about them and that I love all the members I've met so far and hope to meet them all. I may have grievously insulted their families because a few were crying when I finished, but I have no idea. We walked in the hot sun for a long time until we came to a home we visited before where I learned we were not eating there but at another house, that steak smelled so good!

We literally blazed a trail through the jungle so we wouldn't have to walk a really long distance around on the road to our lunch appointment. We returned to the same house by way of a VW Voyage which is just a cheaply made CC. My companion and the other two missionaries in the district watched a soccer game on a member's TV while I talked to the two recently baptized kids. We were picked up by our ward mission leader and we went to an executive priesthood meeting I think. I couldn't understand a lot of what was being said and we left early and arrived home 2 and half hours early. The other companionship came back and told us that our district leader had lost his streak of baptizing weekly for six months. It’s all good and p-day is fun.

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves, I'm almost out of time here. Hope to have lots of emails to read next week.

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment