Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Temple Visit in Sao Paulo


I'm really happy with my district, everyone gets along, but my companion is tone deaf. What are the odds I would get two tone deaf companions exactly? The language is getting easier and I'm thinking in Portuguese.  The world cup is being hosted by Brazil this year and Manaus is one of the cities where the games will be played, so I will have nothing to do for a solid week but sit in the apartment and read the scriptures.

The most terrifying thing about Brazil is the roads. There are no rules! You just go whichever way you want. You want to walk across the freeway? Go ahead. How about bumping the car in front to speed them up? No problem. You want to park parallel touching the car in front and back, after all, there are no lines. It makes for very interesting travel to the temple. The temple, by the way, is incredible. Most of the time I have to use head phones, but they did an English session for us Americans.  The chandelier in the celestial room is amazing.

There is a missionary song I really like, but it's only in the Portuguese hymnal. It's very spirited and listening to the other missionaries sing it is beautiful.

Hope all is well, tudo bem.
Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment