Monday, June 3, 2013

Marriages and Baptisms

It seems like a pretty fast week, just going from p-day to p-day. I can't hardly remember what I do every day.

We had an awesome time for just a few minutes at a youth dance held at the church (I’m pretty sure I’m still able to go to those because I’m 18) after a meeting with a couple who wants to be married.

I had an opportunity to "fazer contatos" (make contact?). We met two very nice ladies who were chilling in front of their house and they listened to us for 20 minutes or so and asked a lot of good questions. I didn't have any trouble understanding what they were saying; I was so excited about that. I explained very simply about the Book of Mormon and they accepted one.

We had a marriage Saturday for a family that was being taught by my companion for nearly 6 months. It was a very classy affair and the cake was mind-blowing. The three baptisms that took place afterward were done in the glow of the emergency LED flashlight that the bishop had. Electricity is a very delicate thing here. It was still very cool.

We had four confirmations yesterday and we walked for 30 minutes in direct sunlight to get to our next appointment. I was sure I would die.

The members here continue to astound; everything is moving along well.
Hoping everyone is well and good at home or abroad.


Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment