Monday, January 19, 2015

Busy Working

Beloved brothers and sisters of the Willard family, we have had one of the most blessed week of my mission. We have been the busiest I have ever been. There is nothing I could attribute this success to other than the lord's hand in our work. We received a media referral with a bible request. We delivered a bible I had purchased for $5 at "the rainbow bible book store" and also showed a Book of Mormon. We explained the difference as we taught the restoration to him and his two older daughters 14 and 12. We were invited back Saturday to meet the wife and mother. We brought our young men president and his daughter who are part of one of the greatest families I have ever seen. She is about the same age as one of the girls. The lesson was one of the most surreal, spiritual, and powerful lessons i have ever been a part of. He went through the reading assignment that we left him reading verses that he didn't understand and those that he had marked. He had read 3 other chapters in addition to 3rd Nephi 11 we left him.

They had met with his nephew who only a year and a half ago joined the church and who lives in our area. They have similar backgrounds and beliefs and he was able to answer many of the questions he had. After a near-perfect lesson the family of 6 committed to be baptized March 7th. The father of the home said the kneeling prayer at the end to ask if this is the way his family should go. He called us after the lesson to ask what chapter in the Book of Mormon he should read because we had neglected to leave him a chapter. This is the most prepared family I have ever heard of. This has been one of the most exciting and inspirational weeks for me. I am so grateful to be here in Belleview with Elder Langston.

The only problem now is that he the father of the family has a big Patriots tattoo on his arm...

We have been taken care of in every way you could think of. We did some farm style service. Picking up rotten fruit and branches. We have had a member meal every day this week. I still have $70 on my mission card of the original $140 for the month. We are getting so many referrals and exciting teaching opportunities here I can't even stand it.

I love you all so much, stay safe!

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment