Monday, January 5, 2015

Lots of Pictures

We had another solid week! Nobody came to church though, due to a heavy case of agency. I can't really remember what happen this whole week but I’ll do my best. Our recent convert that we baptized last month has a daughter that we have been teaching and she is a really wonderful girl. She has a little girl of her own that's 1 and a half and she is adorable. We set a baptismal date with her for the end of February and we were all super excited. She has a lot of challenges to overcome but we know she can do it.

On the last day of the month we got a call from a member in Georgia who said her cousin has cancer and would probably only last another two weeks. We went to the home where they were expecting us and had one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. We talked for a little while with the mother's parents who happened to be there. It turns out he was 60 pages from finishing the Book of Mormon for the third time. We explained blessings, the authority, laying on of hands, and the rest. The girl we were sent to see was not conscience but the parents wanted a blessing as well. They sat on the coffee table in the center of the room holding hands while my companion blessed the mother after which I gave a blessing to the father. there were tears flowing from everyone's eyes but mine as the couple both testified that the individual and respective blessings had given them a great measure of peace and assurance that god knew and loved them. The mother managed to hug my companion as we left and we'll see them in a few days to visit the daughter. We made it home with .3 miles left for the month.
Thanks for all the gifts that have been so useful. I love all of you guys, have a great week!
Elder Willard
Pictures:
There’s a park near our place that put up a bunch of lights. There’s a tiny little lake they call Lake Lillian.


My companion was in an interview so we went outside of a complete stranger house on New Year’s Eve at 8 o'clock and played UNO on her garbage can. Like you do.


Matching ties!

I got a package from my companion's girlfriend before he got his so I rubbed it in a little.


Awesome banana spider that we found while cleaning up for a recent convert.


Our humble offering to a 12-year-old on her birthday is clearly not very inspiring.




No comments:

Post a Comment