Monday, May 25, 2015

Wrapping Things Up

Hey everybody, hope everyone is having a great week staying cool and enjoying the lovely summer weather.

We had a super solid week! We had a referral from some other missionaries that had been introduced to the church by a member friend, we met a great woman named Patricia who wants a moral church for her YSA children, and brought a part-member family to church who then invited us over for dinner! it's been kind of slow going this transfer but it's finally picking up and we are doing our very best to manage the blessings we are getting and having the ward help out as much as possible.
We’ll be going to the temple this Friday so I'm really looking forward to that! My sunburn from last Monday's outdoor mini-golf is finally peeling so that's a blessing. I don't like driving in the city very much, everything is just start-stop-start-stop except on the freeway and then it's like a race weaving in between cars, using my turn-signal of course. I've gotten used to the heat to a certain extent and I'm now concerned that when I am ready to retire that I might consider Florida as a good place to go, it is a swing state after all.

I talked with a bunch of people about shipping a bike home and it could cost $130 or more total because my bike is pretty huge. A sister I know sent hers home to Washington for $80 but sister's bikes are smaller. I think I might try taking it to a couple pawn shops and seeing what they might give me for it. There are a lot of them around so we'll see what we can do. Is $130 worth it? The bike is still in really good condition compared to others that I've seen and ridden.

There’s always something to worry about. I hope you guys all have a good week and please don't let another sibling get married without me being present.
Love you all!

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment