Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Elder Clark visits

May 5, 2015

Hey everybody, sorry I didn't email yesterday, I forgot to tell you that Elder Clark from the Seventy was here and our p-day got moved to today. You must have been devastated not to have heard from me. All is well here in UPK. We had a busy weekend with stake conference and zone conference. I met a RM sister that served with sister fort in out in SLC. There were all sorts of great talks, mostly about the importance of the ward council and councils in general. Elder Clark talked to all the missionaries mostly about whatever he wanted. The missionaries actually asked him half way decent questions this time around. I asked him if elders should marry RM sisters and he said we would be waiting around too long then he looked me in the eye and said "you will never get married". We'll see about that. He didn't mean me specifically and he amended the statement. He told a lot of interesting stories about his missionary experiences and what he had learned. It seemed like he wanted to bring us up to his understanding of the gospel principles as well as other principles of missionary work.

We've been biking a lot recently and it has brought me back to my thinner more tanned self so hopefully that will last for a little while once I come home. I don't know when we'll skype because we still haven't talked to the sisters in our ward but it'll be sometime before midnight on Sunday. I want to tell Jackson that he should get Eccos for his mission shoes. Every other elder I know has them and that are super sturdy. They're a little pricey but you should be able to find some on sale if you look. Also the CTR clothing dress socks are really good I have some and I like them a lot. When are you able to get his mission call? I bet you'll go foreign like the rest of the family. I also hope Marnie gets to go on a mission and all the boys chasing her won't dissuade her. It is a wonderful experience and will help you change the things you didn't know were wrong.
I love you, see you soon.
Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment