Monday, June 2, 2014

The One Year Mark

Well, the day I hit my year mark was also my very first day of having a bike as my only form of transportation. Guess how far we biked…50 miles. It was ROUGH. Oh well, it made for a good story and now my legs are super powerful. Biking doesn't seem to bother me so much, just doing it against the substantial sea breeze and getting super sweaty in the process is hard.

That was Tuesday and on Wednesday we had a huge all day meeting where I wore a suit that was left behind by another missionary. It is beautiful. Thursday I went on exchange with an elder I knew from my start in Florida and we had an awesome time. We ran two miles in the morning. That was pretty rough too. Good times though and I shower three times a day just like in Manaus.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I feel like I'm changing. Seeing my old district leader and talking with him for a while was strange. He was telling me how much I've changed from being here in Florida. Good times.

Hopefully there won't be a hurricane this year!
Love,

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment